Job Title: Accountant
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000 to £29,000 dependent on expeirence plus study support
Our busy accountancy practice in Sheffield is looking for an experienced Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have signifcant experience of experience working in an accountancy practice and will be responsible for a range of tasks, including:
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders
- Preparation of VAT returns and tax computations
- Assisting with audits and liaising with clients and auditors
- Preparation of management accounts
- Providing advice and support to clients on accounting and taxation matters to clients
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the firm’s systems and processes
- Supporting and mentoring more junior members of the team
- You will have a strong background of working within an accountancy practice and be looking for your next role.
- Qualification is not essential for this role however you may be AAT qualified or part ACA or ACCA. Study support is available .
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting and taxation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, and accounting software
- If you are an ambitious and experienced Accountant looking for a rewarding role and a dynamic and supportive environment, we encourage you to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for professional development and growth.