£30,000 to £38,000 per annum
Sheffield City Centre
Full Time, Permanent
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
CRA Legal are recruiting for a well-known regional legal 500 law firm with offices across Yorkshire. The firm are a friendly, respected organisation who have seen a period of growth across their business. As a result of increasing workload, our client is looking to hire an additional solicitor into their childcare department. This role is ideal for a candidate who is looking to continue their career in children law.
With a hybrid and agile working model also offers the opportunity to work regionally across offices in Sheffield, Doncaster, Leeds and Barnsley. Although the role is predominantly servicing Sheffield based work.
If successful, you will perform the following role as an Care Solicitor:
- Represent clients in court proceedings related to child protection and care, including care orders, supervision orders, adoption, and placement applications.
- Provide legal advice to clients and ensure that they are informed of their rights and obligations throughout the legal process.
- Manage a varied caseload of public and private law children cases, from initial instructions through to court hearings, and ensure that deadlines and court timetables are met.
- Work closely with other professionals such as social workers, guardians, and experts to ensure that the best interests of the child are always at the forefront of the case.
- Attend meetings with clients, local authorities, and other stakeholders, and negotiate settlements where appropriate.
- Prepare legal documentation and attend court hearings on behalf of clients, presenting their case and arguing their position.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all cases and ensure that client files are managed efficiently and securely.
The organisation will offer you the following employment benefits package:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional leave over the festive period
- Enhanced pension
- Enhanced parental leave
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Hybrid working
- Agile working
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare scheme
- Critical illness cover
- Income protection scheme
- Life insurance scheme
- Staff reward and recognition incentives
- Discounts on certain high street retailers
- Discounted parking at some offices
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
- If you are an NQ, you will need to have completed a seat in children law. Also pre-qualifying experience as a Paralegal would be beneficial
- Previous qualified work experience in children law required regardless of PQE level
How to apply:
If this Care Solicitor vacancy, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Rhys Spencer who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Care Solicitor vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.