Location: Mansfield or Nottingham
Type of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £48,000
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified solicitor to join a busy Childcare team in Mansfield or Nottingham. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advocacy and administrative support to a team of Childcare specialists, as well as managing their own caseload. The role will be based in either Mansfield or Nottingham office, depending on the candidate's preference.
- Managing a caseload of Childcare cases, including PLO, care proceedings, adoption, contact with children in care applications, etc.
- Attending court hearings and representing clients in legal proceedings
- Drafting legal documents and providing legal advice to clients
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in legislation and legal procedures
- Liaising with other professionals involved in Childcare cases, such as social workers and guardians
- Maintaining accurate records and case management systems
- Contributing to the development and growth of the Childcare team
- Qualified solicitor with 1-3 PQE, with meaningful experience of working in a Childcare environment
- Good knowledge of court procedures and/or related protocols, including PLO, care proceedings, adoption, contact with children in care applications etc.
- Familiarity with legal aid and ccms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong IT skills and ability to adapt to new software systems
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Salary commensurate with relevant Childcare experience
- Online rewards & recognition platform, offering: o 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme o Discounts with over 900 retailers – inc. supermarkets and gym/leisure memberships
- Pension scheme with employer’s contributions
- Generous annual holiday entitlement, including a day off for your birthday
- Support for CPD/education, where appropriate
- Genuine career opportunities in a fast-growing practice
- Family-orientated employment policies
- Friendly, professional office environment – with a choice of either Mansfield or Nottingham – close to transport links and all amenities.
For more information on this role please contact Rob Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today with your up to date cv.
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.