Charities & Education Solicitor
Salary: £47,000 – £57,000 DOE
Leeds or Bradford
Permanent, Full Time
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the firm & Role:
Our client is a leading regional law firms with offices across Yorkshire. The firm are a modern-thinking, tech savvy and established organisation. They promote an approachable management structure, career development for their staff and excellent client care.
You will play an important role within the Commercial Services Group team, supporting other solicitors and partners on a range of charities and education law matters.
Hybrid working is also available with this role:
The tasks and duties listed below are intended to describe the general nature and responsibilities of this role:
- Provide pragmatic, cost-effective and commercial legal support and advice to our charity and education clients on a range of matters, including transactional, governance and contractual advice;
- Provide support to other practice areas, teams and lawyers of the firm in order to support them with specialist charities and education law advice and/or input;
- Provide advice on costs, including the provision of costs estimates as appropriate;
- Meeting with and communicating effectively with clients, and negotiating with third parties as appropriate;
- Prepare materials for and participate in client seminars and presentations, identifying opportunities for client training activities as appropriate;
- Research points of evidence/law/procedure/precedents; and
- In all matters acting in accordance with professional practice rules and the firm’s procedures.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for the role
- A qualified solicitor, from NQ upwards ideal with experience of advising charities, but less experienced (including newly qualified) solicitors will also be considered depending upon the level and quality of experience gained;
- Proven knowledge of the different forms of charitable organisations;
- Experience of advising on or assisting with the formation and incorporation of charities and mergers/collaborations/joint ventures involving charities;
- Experience of advising boards of trustees on governance matters and regulatory aspects of charity practice;
- Experience of communicating with the Charity Commission and other regulators;
- Experience of drafting and reviewing commercial contracts and agreements involving charities;
- Previous experience or a proven understanding of advising schools on education law matters such as safeguarding, special needs and admissions;
- Experience or understanding of the academisation process and liaising with the DfE on the same;
- Previous experience of advising on data protection legislation and its application in an education setting would be an advantage;
- A collaborative team player, capable of supporting colleagues at all levels;
- An approachable, friendly and open style of working, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Committed to finding and securing a strong end result for clients;
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to demonstrate empathy and sensitivity;
- Able to effectively manage priorities, seeking help and guidance where necessary in order to achieve deadlines and manage WIP;
- A proactive and driven self-starter who can manage a caseload and client relationships with appropriate supervision and guidance;
- An organised and methodical approach to work, competent with Microsoft Office, case management systems and legal resources such as Practical Law etc;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high professional and personal standards;
- A confidential and discreet manner;
- Experience of working within a team environment and of supporting others; and
- A commitment to continuous development and improvement of knowledge and technical skills
How to apply:
If this Charities & Education Solicitor vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Construction Associate/Senior Associate vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.