Job Title: Charity Paralegal
Salary: £22,000- £30,000
Full Time, Permanent
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com
About the business:
Our client is leading regional law firm and recognised as one of the leading national charity and social economy expert practices. The firm has a very supporting senior management team and pride themselves on their excellent staff retention levels.
Due to continued expansion our client is looking to bring on board a charity paralegal to join the highly successful team.
About the role:
The role is to assist and provide a range of legal support and administration to partners, fee earners and other legal professionals within the charities and social economy team and their clients. The team provides leading edge advice to clients of all shapes and sizes, from grass roots, community based, organisations to well-known national and international charities and social enterprises who all share a common goal of improving their communities and the wider world in which we live.
- Drafting relevant documents for, and manage, company (including community interest companies), charity and registered society (co-operatives and community benefit societies) incorporations and registrations, under supervision
- Performing legal and factual research and prepare written reports
- Attending meetings with clients, professional advisers and other third parties, and accurately record notes of meetings attended
- Collating and completing information and documents, including forms and company records (e.g. minutes, resolutions and statutory registers), and undertaking filings with relevant registrars and regulators
- Recording, organising and analysing information.
- Proof reading, checking and validating forms and documents for accuracy
- Preparing correspondence, under supervision
- Ensuring files are managed in compliance with office procedures, including Lexcel
- Supporting other fee earners in the team and help them manage their workloads by dealing with specific delegated tasks
- 27 days holiday
- Medical insurance
- Ability to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible/hybrid/remote working
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced paralegal within either the charities or company areas of law
- Good communication skills (both oral and written) with people at all levels
- Ability to prioritise demanding workloads effectively and meet deadlines
- Good numerical skills
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- IT literate and experienced in use of different software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel) and document management systems (e.g. iManage)
- Ability to work in a busy team
- A mature and responsible attitude
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach
- Personable and professional
How to apply:
If this vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Data Protection Paralegal vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.