Salary: £30,000 to £45,000
Contract: Full Time, Permeant
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
Our client are an established, reputable law firm with offices throughout Nottinghamshire. The firm are highly regarded and well-known for their legal services within child law, amongst other legal practice areas. The firm are hiring a Child / Care Solicitor to work closely with the head of department.
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced child law professional wanting to further their career with excellent quality, meaningful work. As the successful candidate, you will be joining a friendly organisation with a great working environment.
If successful, you will perform the following role as an Childcare Solicitor:
- Provide legal advice and guidance to clients involved in child and care proceedings.
- Manage a caseload of child law matters, ensuring effective case management from start to finish.
- Conduct legal research and stay updated with relevant legislation, case law, and procedural rules.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, including applications, statements, and court bundles.
- Liaise with clients, local authorities, social workers, and other professionals to gather necessary information and evidence.
- Represent clients in court proceedings, including conducting advocacy and cross-examinations.
- Negotiate settlements and agreements on behalf of clients, striving to achieve favourable outcomes.
- Attend child protection conferences and meetings to advocate for clients' interests.
- Collaborate with other professionals, such as barristers and experts, as required for effective case preparation.
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical standards, maintaining client confidentiality and handling sensitive information appropriately.
- Stay updated with developments in child law and participate in continuous professional development activities.
The organisation will offer you the following employment benefits package:
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional leave over Christmas office closure
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Increasing holiday entitlement after 5 years service
- Workplace pension scheme
- Hybrid working to be discussed upon request
- Free eye tests
- Free parking
- Free legal services for conveyancing, will drafting etc..
- Flexible and agile working policy
- Social events paid for by the firm
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Qualified solicitor with a valid practicing certificate.
- Extensive experience in child law and care proceedings
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, and legal procedures.
- Strong advocacy skills with experience representing clients in court.(desired)
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse caseload and work independently with minimal supervision once trained.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with clients and professionals involved in child protection.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and ethical conduct.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
How to apply:
If this Child / Care Solicitor vacancy, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Rhys Spencer who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Child / Care Solicitor vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.