Sheffield City Centre
£20,000 to £25,000 Salary Bracket
Full Time, Permanent
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
Our client are a leading practice, that specialise in Family and Children Law. The firm are well known locally and across the UK with the work they service and have a great reputation. Their people focussed culture offers a great working environment with a supportive approach.
If successful, you will perform the following role as a Paralegal:
- Producing Notice of Issue, Notice Acting and Delegated Functions on all opened files where applicable.
- Managing correspondence and telephone queries through the Triage Electronic system.
- Arranging appointments and attending new, current and former clients and dealing with their queries
- Providing initial instructions/referrals and allocation to a fee earner
- Obtaining instructions and advising on course(s) of action, length and cost of case (as appropriate);
- Assessing client’s financial means and explanation of Public Funding or Private terms and conditions;
- Attending clients at Courts, Branch Offices and other locations as necessary
- Maintaining an effective diary system – court dates, limitation dates and timetables set by court/tribunals
- Producing documents including Statements, Notices, Applications, and other Legal Forms/Documents under the supervision of a nominated Supervisor
- Attending Court/PLOs/Advocates meetings as requested by Fee Earners
- Supporting Fee Earners to move cases forward
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence and statements
- Liaising with Counsel, Medical Experts and other professionals
- Ensuring efficient day-to-day progress of all matters, prioritising work as necessary and keeping the client informed on progress.
- Preparing files for billing and closing, ensuring all documents and financial information is in place
- Recording all work carried out accurately and appropriately on the firm’s Case Management System
- Ensuring that all work carried out meets or exceeds the requirements of the Legal Aid Agency’s Standard Contract, the SRA Standards and Regulations, and meets the Specialist Quality Mark standard.
- Participating in the Reception rota and general office admin activities when required.
- Undertake appropriate training and development.
The organisation will offer you the following employment benefits package:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Additional leave during XMAS office closure
- Annual bonus
- Fee earning bonus
- Regular contractual pay reviews
- Pension scheme
- Hybrid working
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of family law cases that are funded through legal aid
- Experience in family law/child proceedings – Essential
- Experience of electronic case management systems – Desirable
How to apply:
If this Paralegal vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Rhys Spencer who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Paralegal vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.