Civil and Commercial Locum Lawyer (Castleford Office)
Duration: Temporary (Long-term sick leave cover)
A well-established legal practice with a strong presence in the local community are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Locum Lawyer to join their team at the Castleford office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing high-quality legal services to clients while covering for a colleague on long-term sick leave. The role will initially be based in the office but likely to evolve to hybrid once each side gets to know each other.
- Provide comprehensive legal advice and representation to clients in various areas of law, such as civil litigation, employment, debt receovery and small amount of comercial litigation matters.
- Manage a diverse caseload, ensuring timely and efficient progress on all matters.
- Attend client meetings, court hearings, and other legal proceedings as required.
- Draft legal documents, correspondence, and reports with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, case law, and best practices.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues, external counsel, and other parties as needed.
- Participate in business development activities, including networking events and local community initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and professional standards, including GDPR and SRA requirements.
- Qualified Solicitor or legal executive
- At least 3 years of post-qualification experience, preferably within a high street law firm setting.
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas: debt recovery, civil lit, employment, personal injury, and commercial litigation matters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining a high standard of work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a commitment to providing practical and effective legal solutions.
- A proactive and adaptable approach, with a willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- A commitment to upholding the firm's values of professionalism, integrity, and client-focused service.
Please submit your CV along with current avaiablity or for more information please contact Rob Addy on 0114 2418030.