Commercial Litigation Associate
£50,000 to £70,000 Salary
Sheffield City Centre (hybrid working)
Full Time, Permanent
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
CRA Legal are working in partnership with a renowned legal brand with a strong UK wide presence and reputation. The legal 500 firm are highly regarding as a leading figure in the UK legal community. As part of their ongoing growth strategy in their Family Law department, they are hiring for experienced Commercial Litigation Lawyers to join their Sheffield Team.
The firm boast an excellent work culture including excellent ethical practices, agile working, competitive salaries, great employee benefits, social events and more. The successful candidate will be joining a thriving environment, with high quality work streams, a supportive management structure and an experienced & well-networked department.
If successful, you will perform the following role as a Commercial Litigation Associate:
Legal Analysis and Research:
- Conduct thorough legal research to understand the legal issues and relevant case law.
- Analyse complex legal problems and provide clear and practical advice to clients.
- Prepare comprehensive legal opinions, memos, and briefs based on research findings.
Case Management and Strategy:
- Collaborate with partners and senior associates to develop litigation strategies.
- Draft and review pleadings, motions, and other legal documents.
- Prepare and respond to discovery requests, interrogatories, and document production.
- Manage and organise case files, evidence, and exhibits.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of case facts, timelines, and deadlines.
Court Representation and Alternative Dispute Resolution:
- Represent clients in court hearings, arbitrations, and mediations.
- Conduct negotiations and settlement discussions on behalf of clients.
- Prepare witnesses for testimony and coordinate expert witnesses, if necessary.
- Present oral arguments and deliver persuasive written submissions.
Client Relationship Management:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, providing regular updates.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, offering guidance and support throughout the litigation process.
- Attend client meetings, conferences, and events to build rapport and understand client objectives.
- Identify opportunities for cross-selling additional legal services to existing clients.
- Stay up-to-date with legal developments, industry trends, and changes in legislation.
- Participate in continuing legal education programs to enhance professional knowledge and skills.
- Contribute to the development of best practices and knowledge sharing within the firm.
The organisation will offer you the following employment benefits package:
- Up to 28 days annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- Holiday sale / purchase scheme
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Bonus scheme – individual & firmwide
- Reward & recognition initiatives
- Charity & volunteer day off
- Well-being day off
- Discounted legal fees
- Discounts on high street retailers & restaurants
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Qualified UK solicitor or legal executive with a minimum of 1 years of post-qualification experience in commercial litigation.
- Strong academic background, ideally with a focus on commercial disputes resolution law.
- Sound knowledge of civil procedure rules, litigation strategies, and legal principles in commercial disputes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex legal concepts clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated professionalism, integrity, and strong work ethic.
- Prior experience in alternative dispute resolution methods, such as arbitration and mediation, is advantageous.
How to apply:
If this Commercial Litigation Associate vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Rhys Spencer who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Commercial Litigation Associate vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.