Construction Associate/Senior Associate
Permanent, Full Time
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
Our Client in an award winning legal firm based in Leeds with a reputation for their excellent workplace culture. Continued growth has created an opportunity in their construction team for a construction lawyer keen to make a name for themselves. Not only will you collaborate and lead on great quality work, but you’ll have wide exposure to the firm’s construction, energy and property clients, with more scope to shine than in many other firms.
If successful, you will perform the following role as a Construction Associate/Senior Associate:
- Advising on, drafting and reviewing standard form contracts – JCT, NEC, FIDIC
- Advising on drafting and reviewing professional team appointments
- Liaising with commercial property and energy colleagues on documentation that needs construction input
- Carrying out due diligence and advising on construction documentation for bank related transactions
- Advising clients on potential disputes during a construction project
- Acting on behalf of clients in adjudications, arbitrations and TCC cases (and drafting documentation)
- Attending adjudication, arbitration and court hearings with the client
- Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure
- Attending meeting and negotiations with opposing parties
You will also play a key role in business development by attending construction related events, writing blogs and articles, providing training to clients and contacts and assisting in firm wide related marketing activities. All with full support and development opportunities as you progress your career.
The organisation will offer you the following employment benefits package:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, and your birthday off (with the option to buy or sell holiday)
- Private Health scheme/Medical Cash plan (depending on level)
- Profit share scheme
- Volunteer days
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Generous ‘family friendly leave’
- An array of wellness benefits (including onsite yoga/pilates and mental health programmes)
- A wide range of additional benefits such as Perkbox, reduced travel/parking charges and a cycle to work schemes with fully secure bike storage on-site
- As a valued member of the team, you will also have the opportunity to join a number of clubs and committees that reflect your passions and interests, both in and out of work, whilst making friendships that last for life.
How to apply:
If this Construction Associate/Senior Associate vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Construction Associate/Senior Associate vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.