Criminal Defence Solicitor
£30,000 to £55,000 per annum
Lincoln City Centre
Full Time, Permanent
The organisation will offer you the following employment benefits package:
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance scheme
- Enhanced sick pay
- Employee assistance programme
- Discount on legal services
- Client referral fees
- Colleague referral fees
- Hybrid working
If successful, you will perform the following role as a Criminal Defence Solicitor:
- Advising and representing clients in criminal matters, including providing legal representation at police stations and court proceedings.
- Managing a diverse caseload, including conducting thorough research and analysis of case facts, legal issues, and relevant legislation.
- Drafting legal documents, including correspondence, witness statements, and pleadings.
- Conducting case preparation, including gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and liaising with the Crown Prosecution Service.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with clients, colleagues, and other professionals within the criminal justice system.
- Representing clients in Magistrates’ and Crown Courts, as well as other tribunals and appellate courts, as required.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory and firm requirements, including maintaining accurate records and adhering to confidentiality protocols.
- Participating in the firm’s out-of-hours rota and providing on-call support to clients as needed.
- Continuously updating legal knowledge and skills through professional development and training.
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
- You will be a qualified criminal defence law professional, or a trainee soon to qualify
- Previous experience in criminal defence law required
About CRA Consulting:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
How to apply:
If this Criminal Defence Solicitor vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Rhys Spencer who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Criminal Defence Solicitor vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.