Our client, a leading national law firm, are looking to recruit an Employment lawyer to join them in their Cardiff office. This is a permanent, full time vacancy.
As a result of growth in the market, the firm in question are looking for Employment law professionals to join their teams and advise clients on a range of both litigated and non-litigated matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading teams which has been recognised by many legal directories, including the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
In this role you will advise clients of the firm on a wide range of claimant Employment matters. You will run your own caseload and advice on a variety of matters including (but not limited to) unfair dismissals and settlement agreements. For more complex matters, such as discrimination or TUPE cases, you will have supervision by members of the team. A professional and supportive environment is on offer here and collaborative work is encouraged, with team members often working together on each others cases. With your own cases, you will be expected to move matters forward and take the appropriate decisions in order to reach a positive conclusion for your client. Some advocacy in the Employment Tribunal will be required.
Ideally, you will have:
- The ability to work independently and as part of team;
- At least two years experience working in a similar employment law department;
- Experience as a qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister;
- Experience of litigating cases successfully;
- Sound theoretical knowledge in the field of Employment law, and be able to run some cases from start to finish mostly independently;
- Advocacy experience in an Employment Tribunal and good experience of how these work in practice and the procedures and processes involved;
- The ability to advise on the prospects of success and the likely value of a claim;
- Excellent numerical skills and the ability to calculate damages;
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent advocacy and drafting skills;
- The ability to prioritise and work to deadlines;
- Good file management skills and experience of using most Microsoft Office packages and electronic case management systems;
- Excellent client care skills and the ability to empathise with clients; and
- The ability to assist junior members of the team when necessary.
Please do contact CRA Consulting should this role be of interest. The firm in question offer a competitive salary and benefits package including an enhanced pension scheme, agile working, annual travel and parking loans, a cycle to work scheme and sports/social club benefits, life assurance 4x annual salary, income protection insurance and additional 5 days paid leave in December.
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.