Our client, a leading South Yorkshire law firm, are looking to recruit an Employment Team Manager to join their department. This is an exciting role for a legal professional to take on the duties of supervising a team and helping that team to grow and develop moving forward. The role is based in Sheffield and is a full time, permanent position.
- You will allocate work appropriately amongst the team, supervise the team and manage them in order that they reach their targets and service level agreements;
- You will work with the team to ensure they deliver the highest levels of client care at all times;
- You will conduct review files that are referred to the department from clients;
- You will supervise the work of the staff ensuring that all matters are dealt with as efficiently as possible;
- You will work closely with the team to ensure that targets are obtained;
- Assist with legal research duties to ensure that the team are up to date with all relevant legislation and case law;
- Deal with complaints and ensure compliance with all regulatory standards at all times;
- Review processes and procedures to ensure these are the best systems in place;
- Produce management reports;
- Assist with future recruitment for the firm;
- Manage rotas and working hours amongst the team;
- Be responsible for staff performance and providing cover for the team when needed;
- Managing and dealing with any disciplinary issues that may arise; and
- Undertake your own caseload of vetting work.
- Ideally you will have previous experience of managing others within a busy legal team;
- Ideally you will have approximately 3 years or more experience as a Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister advising on Employment Law matters;
- You will have an excellent working knowledge of Employment Law and all related practices and procedures;
- You will be a highly organised candidate with excellent attention to detail;
- You will be a self-motivated and pro-active person who is keen to inspire others;
- You will be a good team leader who is keen to lead others and achieve outcomes and targets;
- You will be able to follow regulatory standards and ensure others comply too;
- You will understand the importance of client care at all times;
- Ideally you will have previous experience of using a case management system and be confident with most IT packages;
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills;
- You will have the ability to review a case and determine the prospects of success and be able to advise to the conclusion of the matter.
Please contact CRA Legal should you want to hear more about this vacancy.
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.