Salary: £35,000 to £55,000
Contract: Full Time, Permeant
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
Our client are a regionally recognised law firm with strong presence in the local high streets. The firm hold a great reputation and boast excellent work quality, a strong business model and experienced professionals throughout. In addition, the family law team have an excellent financial performance record over many years.
This opportunity is ideal for an experienced family law professional wanting to further their career with excellent quality, meaningful work. As the successful candidate, you will be joining a friendly organisation with a great working environment.
If successful, you will perform the following role as an Family Solicitor / Legal Executive:
- Provide comprehensive legal advice and representation to clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, financial settlements, child custody, cohabitation disputes, and domestic violence matters.
- Conduct initial consultations with clients, gather relevant information, and assess the legal merits of their cases.
- Prepare and review legal documents, including contracts, agreements, court forms, and correspondence.
- Represent clients in court proceedings, negotiations, and mediations, advocating their best interests and ensuring their rights are protected. With initial training & development if newly qualified
- Conduct legal research and stay up-to-date with changes in family law legislation, precedents, and case law.
- Offer guidance and support to clients, explaining legal processes, potential outcomes, and strategies for resolving disputes.
- Collaborate with colleagues and external professionals, such as barristers, social workers, and experts, to build strong cases and achieve favourable outcomes.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files, documentation, and billing records in compliance with professional standards and regulations.
- Foster and maintain strong client relationships, providing regular updates, managing expectations, and offering reassurance during emotionally challenging situations.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and participate in professional development activities to enhance legal knowledge and skills.
The organisation will offer you the following employment benefits package:
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday rising to 26 days plus bank holidays after 1 years service
- Holiday rising to 31 says plus bank holidays after 5 years
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme (3x annual salary)
- Discounted travel to work scheme
- Healthcare (voluntary benefit)
- Recruitment initiative for referrals
- Discounted legal services
- Free conveyancing
- Free will drafting
- Employee ownership scheme
- Profit scheme
- Hybrid working and agile working considered
To apply, you will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Qualified solicitor or legal executive with a minimum of 1 years of experience specialising in family law.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of family law legislation, regulations, and procedures.
- Strong advocacy, negotiation, and mediation skills with the ability to effectively represent clients' interests in court or alternative dispute resolution settings.(preferred)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex legal concepts clearly and concisely to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse caseload, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills to assess and evaluate legal issues effectively.
- Empathy, sensitivity, and professionalism when dealing with clients facing emotionally challenging situations.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving, with the ability to think strategically and provide innovative legal solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with clients, colleagues, and external stakeholders.
How to apply:
If this Family Solicitor vacancy, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Rhys Spencer who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Family Solicitor vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.