Job Title: Financial Mis-selling Paralegal Location: Sheffield Salary: £21,000 – £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
We are currently working with a dynamic and rapidly growing law firm based in Sheffield, who specialise in various areas of law, including financial mis-selling. The firm is now seeking a dedicated and ambitious Financial Mis-selling Paralegal to join their expanding team. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive individual looking to develop their career within a supportive and forward-thinking law firm.
As a Financial Mis-selling Paralegal, your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting and supporting solicitors in managing a varied caseload of financial mis-selling claims, including payment protection insurance (PPI), investments, pensions, and mortgages.
- Conducting thorough and accurate research to gather relevant information and evidence to support the clients’ claims.
- Drafting legal documents, correspondence, and witness statements under the supervision of solicitors.
- Liaising with clients, financial institutions, and other relevant parties to gather information and provide updates on case progress.
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant legislation, regulations, and industry developments to provide informed advice and support to the team.
- Ensuring client files are well-organized, accurate, and compliant with regulatory requirements and the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Assisting in the development of the financial mis-selling department by identifying opportunities for process improvement and business growth.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 6 months’ experience in a similar role, preferably within a financial mis-selling department or a related field.
- A strong academic background, including a law degree or an equivalent qualification (such as CILEX, LPC, or BPTC).
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to handle complex cases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, managing multiple tasks and meeting tight deadlines.
- A proactive, self-motivated, and resilient attitude, with a genuine interest in pursuing a career in financial mis-selling law.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of financial services regulation and the Financial Ombudsman Service.
- Experience in using case management systems.
In return, our client offers a competitive salary package, a friendly and supportive working environment, and excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
For more information please feel free to contact us on 01142418030 or click apply today with a copy of your cv.