Job Title: Housing Paralegal
Contract: Full Time or Part Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 to £22,000 (however is negotiable DOE)
The organisation will offer you the following benefits package:
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional discretionary leave during XMAS office closure
- Pension scheme
- Flexi time scheme
- Life assurance scheme (after 2 years service)
- Sick pay scheme
- Maternity pay scheme
- Reward & recognition scheme
- Additional voluntary benefits – healthcare, travel scheme etc..
- Hybrid & flexible working can be discussed
If successful, you will perform the following role as a Housing Paralegal:
- Assist solicitors in the management of public housing disrepair cases from initial client contact through to resolution.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files, ensuring all relevant documents, correspondence, and records are organised.
- Liaise with clients, tenants, housing associations, and local authorities to gather necessary information and documentation.
- Provide clear and concise updates on case progress to clients, ensuring they are informed at all stages of the legal process.
- Conduct legal research related to public housing disrepair cases, including relevant housing laws, regulations, and precedents.
- Analyse and interpret complex legal information to assist solicitors in building strong cases.
- Prepare legal documents, including letters, notices, pleadings, and court forms, under the guidance of solicitors.
- Ensure accuracy and adherence to legal standards in all drafted materials.
- Assist in gathering evidence to support housing disrepair claims, including photographs, reports, medical records, and expert opinions.
- Collaborate with external experts, such as surveyors and medical professionals, to strengthen cases.
- Assist solicitors in preparing court bundles and documentation for hearings and trials.
- Attend court hearings as required, providing administrative and logistical support.
- Maintain an organised filing system for all case-related documents and correspondence.
- Assist with scheduling appointments, meetings, and court dates.
About the business:
CRA Legal are recruiting on behalf of a reputable regional law firm. Our client is looking to hire a Paralegal with property damage claims experience, to join their renowned Housing Disrepair Team, in their Sheffield Office. The firm are a leading practice, representing a diverse client base and are highly regarded throughout the local area.
About CRA Consulting:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
How to apply:
If this Housing Paralegal vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Rhys Spencer who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Housing Paralegal vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.