Leasehold Enfranchisement Solicitor/Legal Executive/Licensed conveyancer
Contract: Full Time -Permanent
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com
About the firm/role:
Our client is a multi-award winning law firm with an excellent reputation, providing expert legal services to clients throughout the UK. The firm hold an excellent reputation across all practice areas but in particular are a market leader in the region within leasehold enfranchisement. An excellent opportunity has arisen due to the success and growth of the team for an enthusiastic solicitor, legal executive or licensed conveyancer to join the team.
The role will sit under the wider real estate team who you will work closely with.
The Leasehold Enfranchisement and Management Services Team (LEMS) specialises in residential leasehold related matters.
About the Team
The Team offers specialist legal support to landlords and leaseholders of residential flats. The work involves dealing with the following:
- Lease extensions – negotiated or statutory;
- Purchase and sale of freehold of leasehold blocks of flats – pursuant to collective enfranchisement, or ‘right of first refusal’ under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987;
- Right to manage claims;
- Drafting new leases;
- Deeds of Variation to leases;
- Licence for alterations;
- Licence to assign;
- Preparing and submitting applications to the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber);
The Team are also instructed by a number of managing agents to support and deal with leasehold enquiries, including advising on interpretation of lease terms and enforcement of tenant covenants.
Residential leasehold law is undergoing significant reform pursuant to the Law Commission consultation and proposals, and the Team expect the work in this area to continue to grow as a consequence.
In addition to a strong earnings package, the firm offer great employee benefits and an excellent employee experience. As the successful candidate, you will be joining a forward-thinking organisation, working on excellent quality files.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, plus additional leave at Christmas
- Birthday day off
- Additional leave over Christmas period
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Health care plan
- Fully paid for city centre parking
- Travel to work payments (public transport payments)
- Discretionary bonus
- Hybrid working
We are looking for someone with the technical know-how and experience within Leasehold Enfranchisement law and work.
However, if you have extensive experience within leasehold sale and purchase conveyancing and have an interest in specialising in residential leasehold property law, we would also be interested in hearing from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to specialise in a niche area of law where the work is varied and interesting.
The ideal candidates for this role will have:
- the drive and enthusiasm to be part of a growing area for the Firm;
- excellent client care and communication skills;
- initiative and evidence of working pro-actively;
- excellent attention to detail;
- ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively;
- a commercial understanding and outlook;
- an interest in business development, and growing this area of work.
How to apply:
If this vacancy, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs