Role: Personal Injury (PI) Legal Secretary
Salary: £21-£24k per annum
Position Overview: We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Personal Injury (PI) Legal Secretary to join our reputable high street law firm located in Doncaster. As a PI Legal Secretary, you will provide crucial administrative and secretarial support to our busy Personal Injury department. This role offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to a dynamic team, work on challenging cases, and develop your legal career.
- Administrative Support: Perform a wide range of administrative tasks, including managing phone calls, scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings, and maintaining an organized filing system.
- Document Preparation: Prepare and format legal documents, correspondence, and court forms accurately and promptly.
- Case Management: Assist lawyers with file management, maintaining case calendars, and monitoring court deadlines to ensure timely completion of tasks and submissions.
- Client Communication: Act as a point of contact for clients, providing excellent customer service and handling inquiries professionally and efficiently.
- Legal Research: Conduct legal research on relevant statutes, case laws, and regulations to support case preparation and development.
- Billing and Finance: Assist with billing activities, including generating invoices, tracking expenses, and updating financial records.
- Court Filings: Prepare and submit court filings, ensuring compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Records Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, both in physical and electronic formats, while ensuring confidentiality and data protection.
- Liaison: Collaborate effectively with colleagues, legal professionals, clients, and external stakeholders to facilitate smooth case progression.
- Continuous Learning: Stay informed about changes in legal procedures, regulations, and best practices within the personal injury field.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience working as a Legal Secretary, preferably within a Personal Injury department.
- Strong knowledge of legal terminology, court procedures, and legal document formatting.
- Proficiency in using case management software and MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- An understanding of confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Familiarity with Doncaster’s legal landscape and regulations would be advantageous.
How to apply:
If this Legal Secretary vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Adam Perry who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Legal Secretary vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.