Job Title – Conveyancing Legal Secretary/Assistant
Salary – £22,000 – £25,000
Location – Sheffield City Centre
A superb new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Conveyancing Legal Secretary or Assistant at a highly successful national, full-service law firm. This firm works with a variety of clients across the region. The full time, permanent position lends a chance to join a firm with a fantastic reputation, which is increasingly growing due to its success. The right candidate will be an ambitious individual, keen to become established within a superb administration ability.
- Generous holiday entitlement + holiday purchase scheme
- Hybrid working
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced family friendly benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee wellness initiatives
- Agile working
- Firm social events throughout the year
- To provide full secretarial support to include word processing, diary management, regular and accurate filing, archiving, faxing, emailing, photocopying, dealing with telephone enquiries, billing and time recording. Software used includes Outlook and the Microsoft Office suite, primarily Word and Excel, along with the firm’s accounting software (Axxia), Big Hand (digital dictation), and Oyez Forms.
- Acquire sufficient knowledge of the typical aspects of the areas of work to be able to carry out routine tasks with minimal instruction e.g. generate correspondence and draft documents on request using standard forms and letters.
- To perform other secretarial and administrative duties as may be required from time to time but not specifically referred to above.
- To maintain clear and precise communications with other members of staff and to treat them with politeness and consideration at all times.
- To deal with enquiries from telephone callers and clients effectively and efficiently and to ensure that all telephone messages requiring answers are responded to by you or communicated to the correct person for response in a timely fashion, as appropriate.
- To ensure all stock, equipment and machinery is used and maintained in a safe and secure manner and in accordance with the firm’s Office Manual and to report any faults immediately to a secretarial coordinator.
- To comply at all times with the current versions of the Money Laundering Regulations as they apply to solicitors, the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, the Solicitors’ Practice Rules, the Solicitors’ Investment Business Rules and all other practice rules and regulations from time to time in force as set out in the relevant Law Society’s Guide or required by the SRA.
- To ensure that client, matter, financial and time input documents are completed in accordance with the Office Manual and submitted to Accounts Department.
- To maintain files in a neat and orderly state and in compliance with Lexcel guidance.
- To maintain time recording on all client matters and to arrange for the chargeable time so recorded to be put into the firm’s computerised time recording system on a daily basis.
- Generally to promote the firm and represent it to the outside world positively and enthusiastically and to comply in all respects with the Office Manual and with the proper directions of the partners and others to whom you are responsible.
- To comply with the firm’s complaints procedure as set out in the Office Manual.
- Where capacity allows, provide overflow assistance, principally via the Big Hand dictation system.
- Ability to work independently to a high standard and to effectively prioritise competing deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a professional telephone manner.
- High standards of client and customer service.
For further information in relation to this vacancy please contact Adam Perry on 01142418030 or at [email protected]
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and we thank you for your interest.
This Conveyancing Secretary/Assistant vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.
We look forward to hearing from you!