Paralegal- Real Estate Utilities
£23,000 – £33,000
Full Time, Permanent
Who we are:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
Our client is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, they combine deep sector understanding with a global overview. They are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Their bold approach to a changing future ensures that they nurture employees and recruit top talent.
About the role:
Our client is seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal to join their Legal Services Unit in either of their Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield or Edinburgh offices
The role will be focussed on supporting our energy and utilities clients with English law acquisition transitions, including managing purchases and leases of sub-stations / radio sites and equivalent, and negotiating wayleaves, easements and variations of these.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
– Managing a busy caseload of transactions including liaising with the client to obtain instructions;
– Drafting the acquisition documentation, negotiating with the counterparty to the transaction and carrying out title reviews;
– Assisting with file opening procedures including preparing first draft of retainer letter and ensuring compliance with money laundering regulations;
– Working with data rooms and online trackers;
– Managing completion and post-completion registrations, forms, filing and client signing / reporting requirements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Real Estate-focused Paralegal. You will have a keen eye for detail with the ability to use your initiative and you must be used to dealing with a large workload. You may have a strong academic background and a degree in law or equivalent qualification. Alternatively, you may be working towards CILEX or have previous time-served Paralegal experience in a Real Estate background.
- 25 days holiday, rising to 28 days in line with service
- Holiday exchange scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Pension Scheme
- Parental leave packages
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Emergency Backup Care (for childcare needs)
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Health assessments at Nuffield Hospitals
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Loyalty awards every five years
- A payroll giving scheme
- A referral scheme paying up to GBP 5,000 for each new hire
- Study assistance
- Taxi costs if you work late
How to apply:
If this vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Junior Facilities Manager vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.