Job Title: Police Station Representative
Salary: £32,000 – £42,000 per annum
A law firm, based in Sheffield, is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Police Station Representative to join their team. This individual will play a crucial role in supporting clients during their time at the police station, ensuring their legal rights are protected and providing them with the best possible representation.
- Attend police stations in Sheffield and surrounding areas, representing clients who are under arrest or attending voluntarily.
- Provide timely advice and assistance to clients in line with their rights under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE) and other relevant legislation.
- Maintain a professional and empathetic demeanor while working with clients in a high-pressure environment.
- Effectively communicate with police officers, custody staff, and other professionals to ensure that clients' interests are protected throughout their time in custody.
- Keep clients informed of their legal rights and options, ensuring they understand the implications of any decisions they make.
- Liaise with the firm's solicitors and barristers to prepare case files, gather evidence, and provide updates on case progress.
- Attend court as required to support clients in legal proceedings.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, case law, and best practice guidelines.
- Ensure accurate and thorough record-keeping and case management in line with the firm's policies and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training opportunities to continuously improve knowledge and skills.
- Accredited Police Station Representative qualification or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience in providing legal advice and assistance to clients in a police station setting.
- Strong understanding of criminal law, PACE, and other relevant legislation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with clients in difficult circumstances.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- A strong commitment to client care and upholding the rights of individuals in police custody.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A flexible approach to work, with a willingness to attend police stations outside of normal office hours as required.
- Valid driving license and access to a vehicle for travel to police stations and court appearances.
- A commitment to maintaining professional standards and adhering to the firm's policies and procedures.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Opportunities for career progression within the firm.
- Access to ongoing professional development and training.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Pension scheme and other employee benefits.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV or for more information please contact Rob Addy on 0114 2418030.