Position: Senior Associate, Private Client Department
Location: Sheffield City Centre
Salary Range: £47,500 – £82,500 per annum
About the firm:
The firm is located in the heart of Sheffield, is in the midst of an exciting period of growth, having seen considerable expansion throughout 2022. They are poised to continue this trajectory in 2023 and are searching for a talented and experienced Associate or Senior Associate to become an integral part of our Private Client Department.
Legal Advisory and Action:
- Accurately interpret and document client instructions, ensuring clarity and precision.
- Provide expert, tailor-made advice, addressing the unique needs of each client.
- Craft clear, concise reports and letters for clients, employing straightforward language.
- Devise practical, effective solutions to address client needs.
- Uphold and embody the firm’s core values in all professional endeavors.
- Elevate your personal brand and establish your presence and recognition across the firm.
- Actively contribute to the department and firm’s business development initiatives.
- Cross-promote services from various teams within the firm to existing clients.
- Attract and secure new clientele, contributing to the firm’s growth.
- Meet or exceed established business development goals.
- Identify and participate in pertinent networking opportunities.
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Engage proactively with the team, providing support during peak periods.
- Mentor and manage the performance of junior team members.
- Effectively involve support staff and secretaries in your work.
- Take responsibility for delegated tasks, seeking guidance when necessary and promptly reporting any issues that need attention.
- Conduct Performance Development reviews and actively contribute to the professional development of your supervisees.
- Participate in recruitment interviews as required.
Financial Management (Under Partner Supervision):
- Meet or exceed financial targets and billable hours as set by the Head of Department.
- Display a comprehensive understanding of working capital, regular billing practices, and the importance of timely matter referrals to the Team Leader.
- Proactively seek additional work from the Team Leader.
- Ensure compliance with the SRA Accounts Rules and deal promptly with any working capital exercises.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing activities across the team, department, and firm.
- Contribute to initiatives aimed at boosting efficiency and profitability.
- Support the Knowledge Champion in disseminating knowledge resources, protocols, and best practices.
- Contribute to the development of the firm’s legal know-how and precedent database.
Quality Standards and Compliance:
- Demonstrate consistent adherence to the firm’s quality policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal standards and regulations.
Learning and Development:
- Fulfill all CPD requirements and actively identify personal training needs.
- Participate in departmental training sessions and internal courses, enhancing your managerial and IT skills.
- Provide training, whether informal or formal, to less experienced colleagues as your skills progress.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- A duly admitted solicitor with a current Practising Certificate.
- A minimum of 5 years PQE in Private Client work.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the SRA’s Skills Standards.
- Proficiency in office IT applications and strong typing skills.
- Excellent team working, supervisory, and collaborative abilities.
- Client-centric approach and a commercial mindset in legal practice.
- Proficient in drafting legal documents, advice notes, and providing clear, concise legal advice.
- Skilled in client interviewing and advisory, aiding them in making informed decisions.
- Capable of supervising junior team members and nurturing client relationships.
- Adept at both verbal and written communication, able to represent the firm effectively at business development events.
- Experienced in delivering presentations on relevant topics and conducting effective matter management.
For further details please contact Robert Addy at 0114 2418030 or click apply today with your updated cv.