Real Estate Paralegal
Salary: £22,000 – £32,000
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Who are we:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal / finance recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms / accountancy practices with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the business:
Our client is a Future Facing firm. With 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, they combine deep sector understanding with a global overview. They are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Their bold approach to a changing future ensures that they nurture employees and recruit top talent.
About the role:
The role is to support the UK Real Estate team for our client who provide advice in property investment and development, planning and dispute. This firms clients include large development companies, banks, pension funds, private investors and retail funds.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a busy caseload of transactions, for example dealing with short term leases, licences to occupy, licences to assign, licences for alterations, surrenders, deeds of variation/easement and rent reviews;
- Managing straightforward purchases and sales (including auction sales and residential plot sales) and supporting larger / complex / portfolio purchases and sales, including the routine project management, title and tenancy diligence and preparation for completion;
- Carrying out title and occupational lease review exercises and preparing/assisting with the preparation of reports/certificates of title;
- Assisting with file opening procedures including preparing first draft of retainer letter and ensuring compliance with money laundering regulations;
- Set up and management of data rooms;
- Assistance with completion and post-completion registrations, forms, filing and client signing / reporting requirements.
We are looking for a Real Estate Paralegal, with experience of working within a Real Estate legal environment. You will have a keen eye for detail with the ability to use your initiative whilst working on multiple tasks. You will have excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines. You must be an enthusiastic individual with a strong academic background. Exceptional communication skills are also necessary, as is the ability to work well in a team.
A degree in law or equivalent qualification is preferred, but not essential. Alternatively, you may be working towards CILEX qualification.
- 25 days holiday, rising to 28 days in line with service
- Holiday exchange scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Pension Scheme
- Parental leave packages
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Emergency Backup Care (for childcare needs)
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Health assessments at Nuffield Hospitals
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Loyalty awards every five years
- A payroll giving scheme
- A referral scheme paying up to GBP 5,000 for each new hire
- Study assistance
- Taxi costs if you work late
How to apply:
If this vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs
CRA Legal follow strict best practice recruitment guidelines monitored by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Please note our advertisements use salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
This Junior Facilities Manager vacancy is very popular with the local legal community, so please apply quickly to ensure your application is considered. As part of our candidate registration and care process we at CRA Legal aim to respond to all successful applications within 2 working days.