Real Estate Paralegal
Salary: £24,000 – £40,000
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Who are we:
CRA Consulting are a specialist legal / finance recruiter, operating across the UK. CRA works in partnership with reputable law firms / accountancy practices with either local, regional, national or international presence. We recruit at all levels from board, director and partnership level through to support staff.
For additional information on how we can assist you with your next career move, visit the CRA Consulting Website at www.craconsultants.com.
About the Firm & Role
Our client is a Tier 1 Legal 500 Future Facing firm, with 75 offices in 43 countries and 4,800+ lawyers worldwide, they combine deep sector understanding with a global overview. They are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. Their bold approach to a changing future ensures that they nurture employees and recruit top talent.
About the role:
This role will be focussed on supporting our energy clients with English law transactions including: leading on negotiating and completing easements and wayleaves as well as options for and variations to such documents; and assisting with purchases and leases of sub-stations and construction compounds. This role will involve hybrid working with typically 2 to 3 office days per week.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a busy caseload of transactions including liaising with the client to obtain instructions;
- Drafting the acquisition documentation, negotiating with the counterparty to the transaction and carrying out title reviews;
- Assisting with file opening procedures including preparing first draft of retainer letter and ensuring compliance with money laundering regulations;
- Working with data rooms and online trackers;
- Managing completion and post-completion registrations, forms, filing and client signing / reporting requirements.
- 25 days holiday, rising to 28 days in line with service
- Holiday exchange scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Pension Scheme
- Parental leave packages
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Emergency Backup Care (for childcare needs)
- An Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Health assessments at Nuffield Hospitals
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Loyalty awards every five years
- A payroll giving scheme
- A referral scheme paying up to GBP 5,000 for each new hire
- Study assistance
- Taxi costs if you work late
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Real Estate Paralegal, with experience of working within a Real Estate legal environment.
- You will have a keen eye for detail and will have previous experience dealing with a busy caseload.
- You will have excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines.
- You must be an enthusiastic individual with a strong academic background.
- Exceptional communication skills are also necessary, as is the ability to work well in a team.
A degree in law or equivalent qualification is preferred, but not essential. Alternatively, you may be working towards CILEX qualification.
How to apply:
If this vacancy is of interest, please click the apply button. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with Ross Roberts who is managing this vacancy, call 0114 241 8030 for a confidential discussion.
Are you wanting to review additional career opportunities? Visit our jobs page at www.craconsultants.com/jobs