We are looking for an RTA Litigation Executives to join the busy fast track personal injury team. This is a great opportunity to directly impact the department, grow with the team, and achieve your goals. The firm are committed to providing extensive, personal and professional development opportunities for their staff, enabling them to be highly effective in their current role as well as assisting them to fulfil their career aspirations.
As an experienced member of the team, you will be in the ideal position to ensure a positive outcome for your clients, guiding them through the litigation process, ensuring you maximise the outcome via your claims handling and advocacy.
As a Litigator, you will be responsible for:
- Effectively manage your own caseload of high-quality fast track RTA or ELPL cases, from inception, through litigation and to trial.
- Investigation of the claims for the purpose of prospect of success.
- You will assist clients and give guidance throughout whilst obtaining all the relevant information required to progress the claim.
- Acting in the best interests of the client at all times and to achieve an outcome that is in the client's best interests.
- Making and responding to offers and negotiating settlement of both liability and quantum as and when necessary.
- Working in compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct at all times.
- Issue court proceedings and briefing the counsel.
- Assessing liability and quantum and preparing reports/advice.
- Drafting of Court documents within the Civil Procedure.
- Previous experience dealing with RTA or ELPL litigated cases.
- Experience of running Part 7 claims
- Already has a great understanding of court processes/CPR and a successful track record.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Has experience of telephone hearings/hearings and/or advocacy techniques.
- Demonstrate excellent written and interpersonal skills in order to meet the drafting and presentation aspects of the role, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Has a detailed knowledge of litigation processes.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Great team player and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Be pro-active and take the initiative to develop relationships with key clients/contacts.
In return for your commitment and expertise:
- Competitive salary and monthly bonus scheme
- Annual Leave- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), increasing to 27 days with service
- Pension- Contributory pension scheme.
- Lifestyle & Wellbeing Benefits- discounted gym membership, eye care vouchers, a cycle to work scheme
- Community- Great working environment in our Sheffield office
- Professional development and training via our in-house Learning & Development Team
For more information please contact Rob Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today with your latest cv.