My Client is a highly successful professional services business with a national presence. We are looking to recruit a highly talented Senior Tax Advisor to join the team to be based either in Sheffield, Birmingham or Chester
Working within the National Tax, Trusts and compliance team you will provide tax advice to individuals, estates and trusts. You will provide tax support across offices and deal with tax related queries from various different practice areas especially within the national family and estate planning teams, in respect of tax issues on divorce and tax matters impacting trusts and estates respectively.
You will be responsible for :
- Dealing with complex tax cases for HMWI /UHNWI and their interests. As this is likely to involve global aspects offshore experience would be helpful but not essential.
- Advising on IHT, CGT and income tax for individuals who have business interests and are looking to protect those assets for future generations and / are seeking succession planning advice.
- Providing full range of tax advice to trusts and estates
- Ensuring a client meets all tax obligations by supporting compliance teams, through a review and supervisory role in preparing and submitting tax returns , tax computations and other necessary forms .
- Advising clients on tax issues and how to minimise their tax liabilities particularly to support the family team clients on divorce.
- Planning tax advice and compliance support to other teams throughout the firm , for example lifestyle, estates and planning team in connection with estate and trust matters.
- Helping clients bring their tax affairs up to date using HMRC disclosures (worldwide disclosure facility and let property campaign)
- Researching , analysing and interpreting tax legislation to ensure tax returns are correctly completed and correct advice is given.
- Ideally you will be Qualified ACA, CTA or ATT with a proven track record of working in a tax role and handling more complex work .
- You will have the ability to give expert tax advice in specialist and complex areas
- You will have the ability to analyse complex tax problems providing interpretation and making recommendations
- You will ideally have supervisory experience of leading a team and experience of training and developing more junior members of the tax team
- Flexible working options
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy up to 35 hours of extra holiday
- Generous and flexible pension schemes
- Volunteering days – 2 days of your choice
- Westfield Health membership