Job Title: Serious Injury Lawyer
Location: Wakefield and Hybrid
Salary range: £35,000 – £55,000
This role will handle a portfolio of claimant serious injury claims and contribute to the overall success of the department. The caseload is predominantly RTA based with cases encompassing complex technical issues and quantum. Case values typically range between £50k – £150k.
Provide mentoring support to the Serious Injury team within the Department overseeing a variety of compensation claims. Act as an ambassador, contributing to the growth and strategic direction of the department.
- Deliver outstanding client care, especially for clients who’ve experienced traumatic and life-changing events. • Assist your Team Leader in guiding and motivating the team, ensuring clear objectives and KPIs are met. Actively manage performance issues and ensure developmental plans are aligned with company policy. • Conduct technical and case reviews, offering feedback and mentoring when necessary. • Maintain regular communication with clients, including face-to-face meetings. • Coordinate with a multi-disciplinary team of experts, such as medical professionals, case managers, care experts, architects, forensic accountants, and legal counsel. • Analyze evidence, conduct legal research, and address matters of liability, causation, and quantum. • Draft key documents like statements, pleadings, and loss schedules. • Secure early interim payments and appropriate rehabilitation for clients. • Maximize client settlements. • Work efficiently with a task-based case management system, ensuring regular client contact, exceptional customer service, and expectation management. • Raise departmental awareness and enhance your professional profile. Engage in business development and networking with organizations like APIL, Headway, and SIA, for instance, by sharing case reports, writing articles, and giving testimonials. • Mentor and develop junior team members as needed. • Thrive in a target-oriented environment while maintaining the highest quality of work. • Take on any other tasks as deemed relevant and appropriate by the business.
Key Performance Indicators
KPIs and objectives will be set in one-on-one meetings. Regular reviews with line managers will help measure performance against these metrics, highlighting areas for growth or additional support.
- Qualified Solicitor or Fellow of CILEx with at least 4 years post qualification experience or equivalent expertise suitable for charging and recovering Grade B rates.
- Proven experience in handling serious injury claims; a seasoned litigator with robust technical capabilities and a deep understanding of court procedures.
- Dedication to delivering superior client care.
- Strong communication skills, including negotiation and objection handling capabilities.
- Ability to meet objectives in a dynamic environment while ensuring top-notch work quality and client service.
- Proficient with case management systems, Excel, and Word.
- Attention to detail coupled with formidable organizational skills.
- A team-oriented individual who inspires peers and has experience mentoring younger team members in multi-track personal injury work.
- Confidence in enhancing professional standing in the personal injury sector, possibly with existing ties to bodies like Headway, SIA, and APIL.
- Positive, self-driven attitude with the ability to adapt to shifting circumstances and handle challenges while meeting objectives.
- Passionate about personal injury and eager to further develop in the field.
High-performing individuals have the chance to transition into other departments, allowing them to diversify their expertise and carve out a rewarding career in the sector.
For more information please contact Rob Addy on 0114 24189030 or click apply today.