One of the UK’s largest property business specialising in commercial property development, construction, property management is looking to recruit in house for a commercial property solicitor to join its established team. The business has a particular focus on retail and large residential redevelopment.
You will have a varied workload covering all areas the business is involved in, but predominantly focused on commercial property development and management, and construction. You will be responsible for managing the relationship with external counsel on behalf of the business, providing them with instruction and using their resource as appropriate. You will also be involved in drafting and negotiation of documents, filing of documentation, and advising on the development and introduction of new projects, seeking support from external counsel where appropriate.
- Managing the relationship with external counsel in dealing with development, sales and acquisitions of commercial property
- Advising on contractual matters relating to projects and providing strategic legal advice to the business
- Provide contract and legal advice to the business and operational teams working on projects
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, senior management, external counsel, suppliers, customers and tenants.
- Contract drafting, review, amendment and implementing acquisition/sale missives for a variety of transaction types
- Provide contract advice as required including interpretation and resolution of contractual issues and participate in customer contract negotiations as required.
- Negotiate and secure appropriate agreements with partners & key subcontractors as required.
- Work with colleagues to meet and negotiate with external customers, partners, subcontractors, and vendors concerning a diverse set of complex commercial and contractual relationships to achieve acceptable and cost-effective outcomes.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Candidate Requirements:
- Qualified solicitor with several years post qualification experience in commercial contracts ideally in commercial property and/or construction.
- Experience of successfully working on complex contractual proposals and strong general commercial expertise.
- Experience of building strong relationships and successfully negotiating with customers, partners and key subcontractors.
- Ability to identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities and take appropriate action
- A confident, motivated individual who is willing to learn and to work both collaboratively and on their own initiative with a commitment to delivering results.
- Previous experience of working in an in-house role would be an advantage
- On offer is a highly competitive salary plus benefits. This is a permanent role.
For more information please contact Robert Addy on 0114 2418030 or click apply today.
Job Reference: BBBH10278_1555329344
Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Contact Name: Robert Addy
Contact Email: Robert.email@example.com
Job Start Date: