Financial Accountant Sheffield £35,000 to £40,000 plus 15% contributory pension and 30 days holiday
My client is an impressive financial services organisation based in Sheffield who has gone from strength to strength. Due to growth an ambitious individual is require to join this team to produce technical accounting papers and prepare statutory and tax reporting information.
Are you a recently qualified ACA / ACCA / CIMA accountant and are you looking develop your financial reporting skills within a dynamic organisation? This role could be for you……..
- Lead the accounting for the organisations financial instruments including asset valuation and income recognition
- Review and advise on the applicability of the organisations accounting policies
- Production of the annual report and accounts
- Work with the financial planning team and product teams to provide advice on the structuring of new products
- Provide analysis of the Bank’s assets and liabilities as and when required
- Manage the cash balances operated by the Bank including the establishment and maintenance of robust cash forecasting and robust reporting regime.
- Monitor funding requirements
- Corporation tax account reconciliation
- Manage and develop one direct report
Who we are looking for
- Ideally you will be a recently qualified ACA/ ACCA / CIMA with up to two years post qualification experience looking for a career building role.
- This is an exceptional career building role within a leading organisation, based in Sheffield you will engage with a wide range stakeholders across the organisation
- It is likely you will have a strong technical background in professional practice and be looking for that first move, or perhaps you have made that first move into industry and are looking for the next step. Applications are welcomed though from a variety of industry backgrounds and any exposure to working in financial services would be ideal although not essential.
- Previous experience of the year end annual report and accounts preparation and production process for an entity with complex reporting requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS accounting, including demonstrable experience of resolving technically complex accounting issues. In particularly the successful candidate will need to be confident in applying the financial instrument standards.
- Able to evidence the establishment and maintenance of a strong financial control environment.
Job Reference: BBBH9784_1531216427
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP