Title of the Position: Housing Caseworker (Suitable for Solicitor/Legal Executive)
Location: Chesterfield with some WFH
Salary: £35,000 to £50,000
Contract Type: Temporary, 35 Hours per Week, to start asap
I am delighted to announce a career opportunity for a Housing Caseworker at a well-known and respected local charity. This role plays a crucial part in offering specialized housing legal advice, information, and representation to individuals in need, with funding primarily provided by Legal Help.
About the Charity
As a prominent local charity, we are recognized for our dedication to social welfare and legal assistance. Specializing in areas such as Debt, Discrimination, Employment, Housing, and Immigration, our work is pivotal in supporting the community. The charity is deeply committed to using the law as a tool for positive change, serving clients regardless of their personal or financial circumstances.
Primary Objectives of the Role:
- Delivering legal advice under a Legal Help contract, including client enrollment, legal representation, and case management.
- Identifying and referring certificated cases appropriately.
- Serving as the duty advisor under the Housing Lost Prevention Advice Service (HLPAS).
- Contributing to the housing team’s telephone support advice service for individuals not eligible for legal help.
The role is based at the charity’s main office in Chesterfield, with hybrid working (2 days per week) available after an initial 4-week period.
The Housing Caseworker will report to the Housing Team (Unit), without direct supervisory responsibilities over other staff members.
- Personal development and skill enhancement.
- Upholding strict confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Fostering effective working relationships within a supportive and safe environment.
- Demonstrating commitment to the charity’s Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy.
Role Autonomy and Decision-Making:
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, capable of working independently and as part of a team, and adept at prioritizing workloads.
- Provide initial legal advice via phone, written communication, or in-person consultations on housing legal matters.
- Offer specialized legal services in housing law, including client interviews, legal research, advocacy, negotiation, and representation.
- Actively collaborate within the housing team for work planning, casework supervision, and training participation.
- Manage personal administration tasks, maintain case records, and address legal help issues.
- Perform data collection and monitoring to meet the requirements of the housing team, funding bodies, and partner organizations.
- Participate actively in team meetings and other relevant gatherings.
- Undertake other duties as agreed with management, in consultation with relevant trade unions as necessary.
For more information or to apply for this meaningful position with our renowned local charity, please contact me, Rob Addy, at CRA Consulting on 0114 2418030 or apply today with your cv.